Anesthetic technician prepares and maintain anesthetic equipment for operating theaters and clinics and assist anesthetists during anesthetic procedures.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Set up, check and maintain anesthetic workstations, life support machines and associated equipment.
- Order and prepare medical supplies for anesthesia
- Talk to patients about medical procedures and check whether they have any medical conditions that could cause problems under anesthesia
- Assist the anesthetist to insert breathing tubes and intravascular lines in patients
- Assist the anesthetist to administer anesthesia to patients
- Monitor patients and their vital signs before, during and after procedures
- Maintain documentation before, during and after surgery
- Assist the anesthetist in emergencies.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Anesthesia from recognized institute.
- At least Five (4) years of experience in the field of anesthesia.
- Must be licensed by Ministry of Health & Saudi Council, Saudi Arabia.
- Comprehensive theoretical knowledge of safe use of all General Anesthesia Agents, techniques and methods currently accepted in the practice of anesthesia.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Highly energetic.
- Well organized and multitasking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Awareness of sensitive cultural differences.
- Stress & Time Management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.