Plan and conduct food service or nutritional programs to assist in the promotion of health and control of disease. Supervise activities of the department providing quantity food services, counsel individuals, or conduct nutritional research.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Screen, Assess & reassess nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health plans to develop and implement dietary-care plans and provides nutritional counseling.
- Monitor & assess N.P.O patients that are left more than 3 days.
- Consult with physicians and health care personnel to determine nutritional needs and diet restrictions of patient and highlight “food-drug” interactions.
- Advice patients and their families on nutritional principles, and make recommendations related dietary needs and diet modifications, and food selection and preparation.
- Counsel individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition, healthy eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Design nutrition programs to improve or maintain the health of patients. The programs designed may be preventive, or therapeutic to help a patient with disease maintain a baseline health and nutrition state.
- Provide thorough consultations for OPD patients and proper follow-up as needed.
- Monitor food service operations to ensure conformance to nutritional, safety, sanitation and quality standards.
- Coordinate recipe development and standardization and develop new menus for independent food service operations.
- Develop policies for food service or nutritional programs to assist in health promotion and disease control.
- Inspect meals served for conformance to prescribed diets and standards of palatability and appearance.
- Develop curriculum and prepare manuals, visual aids, course outlines, and other materials used in teaching.
- Prepare and administer budgets for food, equipment and supplies.
- Purchase food in accordance with health and safety codes. (Food services role)
- Select, train and supervise workers who plan, prepare and serve meals.
- Coordinate diet counseling services.
- Advise food service managers and organizations on sanitation, safety procedures, menu development, budgeting, and planning to assist with the establishment, operation, and evaluation of food service facilities and nutrition programs.
- Organize, develop, analyze, test, and prepare special meals such as low-fat, low-cholesterol and chemical-free meals.
- Plan, conduct, and evaluate dietary, nutritional, and epidemiological research.
- Plan and conduct training programs in dietetics, nutrition, and institutional management and administration for medical students, health-care personnel and the public.
- Test new food products and equipment.
- Provide education session about nutrition for healthcare staff.
- Provide Patient and Family Education & health teaching and education through the Assessment of patient’s learning needs & using demonstration technique and educational materials such as brochures or pamphlets and other needed materials.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s in Nutrition & dietetics, foods and nutrition, food service systems management, or a related area.
- Dietitian to be licensed as clinical dietitian or specialist dietitian with no restrictions or otherwise registered with or certified with Ministry of Health, KSA.
- Previous experience as a Clinical Dietician at least 3 years.
- Adequate verbal and written English and Arabic speaking.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Highly energetic.
- Well organized and multitasking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Awareness of sensitive cultural differences.
- Stress & Time Management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.