The Head Nurse is designated as being the Administrative Manager/Quality Facilitator of a designated unit/clinic.
Duties and Responsibilities: (Management):
- Ensures the highest standard of clinical care is maintained, utilizing a systematic approach to nursing.
- Reviews and updates nursing policies, practices, procedures and recommends improvements.
- Coordinates probationary period for new hire staff by allocating appropriately skilled and knowledgeable preceptors, evaluating new staff fortnightly and implementing Developmental Plans when necessary
- Actively manages staff performance and completes objective staff Performance Appraisals both probationary and annual.
- Actively implements Quality Assessment and Improvement Activities within the guidelines and standards of the Nursing Department.
- Facilitates the integration of standards of patients care specific to the unit and ensures the dignity and rights of patients are respected.
- Maintains and updates required unit/clinic documentation/records in accordance with Government/Hospital and Quality Department requirements.
- Responsible for ordering new equipment and ensures effective utilization, maintenance, inventory and storage of equipment.
- Initiates and maintains risk management assessment and performed improvement activities by unit
- Develop and submits unit goals and establish unit/group norms based on input from the staff and identified needs.
- Conducts regular monthly ward meetings which include quality improvement and educational activities.
- Participates in short and long range planning for and development of the patient care unit.
- Prepare monthly and semi-annual accountability reports and submits to the Supervisor.
- Maintains updated staff personal information and licensure.
- Graduate from accredited School of Nursing and Licensure/ Registration as registered Nurse.
- Bachelor Degree / Diploma in Nursing and Board passer.
- Training Programs and Seminars should be knowledgeable for Medical Programs.
- Training Certificates and Seminars should be accredited by Hospital or Association.
- BLS/ACLS, MOH and Saudi Council current, valid and up-dated.
- Eight (8) years working experience in a hospital environment.
- Excellent English and good in Arabic.
- Neat, organized and systematic.
- An ability to work individually and as part of a team.