Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all Medical equipment requirements with site conditions to ensure all equipment are installed in the correct space and doing the required function.
- Draw and adjust MEQ drawings on CAD to coordinate the Medical equipment on different drawing of engineering disciplines for coordination and clashes whenever possible.
- Advice on all MEQ installation, direct the contractor in all aspects related to MEQ installation requirements, take decisions, and provide the best knowledge practice for MEQ installation and other MEP related requirements.
- Installs new biomedical equipment by establishing, adjusting, calibrating, and testing performance. Approves new biomedical equipment by conducting tests; ensuring adherence to codes; making modifications.
- Maintains biomedical equipment supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintains biomedical equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules; conducting tests; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions; calling for special service; evaluating service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories.
- Directs biomedical equipment operation by providing equipment operation demonstrations; instructing other healthcare staff in use and care of equipment; answering questions; providing information.
- Evaluates proposed biomedical equipment by conducting tests and evaluations.
- Improves biomedical equipment performance by studying machine-patient interaction; conferring with equipment users; developing modifications; collaborating with equipment manufacturers.
- Prepares biomedical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains safe and healthy working environment by conducting safety tests; recommending and complying with procedures; training and guiding medical and healthcare personnel; complying with codes.
- BS in Engineering (Biomedical/Mechanical) and previous experience in medical equipment or healthcare industry, with minimum 10 years’ experience with engineering processes and procedures.
- Strong background in engineering of electro-mechanical and medical equipment and experience in medical equipment’s maintenance will be an advantage.
- Documentation Skills, analyzing information, creating a safe, effective environment infection control, training management, lab environment, clinical lab testing, equipment calibration and sterilization.
- Able to work well within a team-based environment.
- Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable
- IT Literate able to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project, Working knowledge of AutoCAD.