Biomedical Engineer, Biomedical Engineering Manager
Undertake moderate supervision, repairing, calibration, and maintenance of medical equipment(s), instrumentations, fixtures, and support system of moderate complexity used in healthcare delivery. Inspect, install, and perform inventory assessments and preventive maintenance of medical equipment. Assist medical and nursing staff in the use and understand the complications of medical equipment. Run and maintain Troubleshooting for different types and modalities of Equipment.
- Repair, install, maintain, calibrate, and inspect medical equipment including life support equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance and electrical safety testing of clinical equipment, devices, and systems.
- Diagnose and correct system and equipment malfunctions.
- Maintaining documentation on new equipment, inspection and equipment repair and failures.
- Prepares reports by analyzing, collecting, and recapping trends, information and instructing others in the care and use of equipment, and answering all questions.
- Assist with and evaluate third party repair, PPM, and installations.
- Provide technical assistance and instruction to personnel regarding equipment operations and maintenance.
- Assisting biomedical engineer or manager with in-service educations programs on use of equipment.
- Review outcome of preventive maintenance actions and make recommendations to department staff and biomedical senior staff concerning improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Biomedical Engineering/Medical electronics.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in hospital biomedical engineering operations.
- Candidate with valid Saudi council for engineer’s membership preferred (in biomedical engineering).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of JCIA and CBHAI regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of technical aspects of electronic equipment and its operations, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic anatomy, medical terminology and physiology as applied to use of biomedical equipment.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance inspections.
- Ability to maintain accurate records of repair, calibration, and tests.
- Good knowledge of CAD applications is preferable.
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of MS-Office applications.
- Generally good working conditions. Possible hazards include exposure to electrical shock, ionizing radiations, chemicals and chemical fumes, high pressure air, infectious disease and various other hazards associated with biomedical engineering work.