Manage and maintain all mechanical assets as per scientific measures and manufactures recommendation to maintain the right function and life of assets.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Carries out operation and maintenance of all mechanical plants, equipment and all other building services within the hospital complex.
- Daily visit to Mechanical Department, advise and assist mechanical supervisors and ensures projects, maintenance and PPM are carried out in a timely based and technically efficient manner and utilize the available resources to its maximum efficiency.
- Ensures daily attendance of all mechanical staff and on call technicians.
- Executes all necessary minor upgrading and new works as delegated by the HOD.
- Ensures compliance with the Facilities Safety Policy for all work carried out within the hospital complex.
- Specialized knowledge of HVAC systems, Chillers, AHV, FCU and all related control of mechanical equipment’s (VRV and VAV).
- Experienced in water treatment (RO and STP) maintenance and operation.
- Experienced of Fire Fighting Protection System maintenance and operation.
- Practical experience of maintenance and operation of steam generation gas oil operated boilers.
- Practical experience in Rotary equipment’s (Air Compressors and Vacuum’s).
- Practical experience of piped medical gases supply equipment.
- Practical and technical experience of Various pumps and diesel operated generators.
- Provides monthly reports to Director Officer.
- Participates in on-call duty.
- Experienced in CMMS (Computerized Management Maintenance System) or relevant programs to maintain the integrity of PM, CM, machine cards, history records, budget etc.
- Performs other duties within the realm of his knowledge and ability as required by the Director Officer.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from recognized University
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ current experience current position, hospital environment experience is preferred.
- Specialized knowledge of emergency standby generator units, sterilizer, maintenance, piped medical gases and laundry installations.
- Good Communication Skills.