- To provide a hospital wide service regarding the decontamination, preparation, packing, and sterilization of all equipment’s.
- To act in accordance with Al Salam Hospital department policies and procedures ensuring quality practice and service.
- To maintain the universal C.S.S.D. practices and recommendations through infection control policy observing standard precautions preventing risk of infection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carries out assigned tasks conscientiously, efficiently and safety according to CSSD Al Salam Hospital Policy.
- Responsible for decontamination, sorting, checking, packing, sterilizing, storage of equipment and instruments ready for distribution for units.
- Perform routine safety checks and rests on checks and tests on sterilizer and/or unit equipment while recording data correctly and reporting any discrepancies.
- Reports defects, losses, breakages, shortages, of supplies and any untoward incidents to the Nursing Director as per policy.
- Completes the incident reporting form (OVR) as appropriate.
- Reports any malfunctioning of machines to the Biochemical Engineer.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Always follows agreed hospital policies and procedures .
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe environment in all areas.
- Assists in the supervision, training and development of new employees, trainee nurses when required.
- Carries out recommendation made by Al Salam Hospital Infection Control coordinators or by review surveyors.
- Participates in quality improvement audits as requested by Nursing Administration / Quality Improvement Manager.
- Carries out other duties or tasks appropriate to the area but not specified in the job description when assigned by the Director of Nursing.
- Working knowledge and appropriate action to be taken in relation to hospital emergency codes, Fire and safety, Hazmat, Infection prevention and control policy.
- 2 years’ experience in Central Sterile Supply Department in a hospital.
- Operating room experience desirable.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Ability to organize and prioritize on work.
- A commitment to sharing knowledge and ability to support and develop junior staff.
- A progressive outlook on professional development.
- Adaptability / Accountability.
- Knowledge of values, laws and culture of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.