Direct supervision and coordination of activities in the allocated unit/ward.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and Supervises administrative and clinical activities of the ward / unit.
- Responsible for daily and vacation scheduling of ward / unit staff in absence of head nurse.
- Ensures the implementation and evaluation of patient care standards.
- Coordinates patient placement for optimal utilization of beds and equipment based on patient care needs.
- Ensures patient / nurse allocation is carried out based on nursing competency and patient care needs.
- Coordinates with Education Department orientation, mentorship and cross training program for ward staff.
- Ensures staff competency checklists are maintained and updated as required.
- Directly communication with designated medical staff regarding ongoing patient management.
- Ensures patient clinical management is carried out as per doctor’s order and based on patient care needs.
- Ensures preventive maintenance program adhered to for all equipment and reports and records deficiencies in equipment function to appropriate department.
- Supervises and evaluates staff performance as required by nursing administration.
- Communicates with and supports patient and relatives as per individual needs.
- Any other assigned responsibilities on a need basis as identified by the Nursing Director.
- Participate in direct patient care working as a team member and promote the highest standards of evidence based practice.
- Directly support staff as appropriate in the provision of care of the patient, providing supervision as necessary.
- Assist with identifying and reporting accidents and incidents and take necessary action.
- Assign and coordinate patient care and related duties.
- Collaborates with Head Nurse to obtain necessary human and material resources.
- Recognize others needs for assistance and intervene as necessary.
- Make decisions and convey appropriately to team members.
- Appropriately manages variances behaviorally environment occurrences or refers to the appropriate person.
- BSN / Diploma in Nursing & Midwifery.
- Current license in country of origin, with MOH license to practice in Saudi Arabia.
- 5 years clinical nursing experience in relevant clinical area. With at least 2 years in the relevant area at senior level.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Spoken Arabic is advantageous but not essential.