Gastroenterologist is under supervision of Internal Medicine Services Department. His responsibilities are divided the outpatients, GI clinic services, including consultations, admission and Endoscopy Services including upper GI and lower GI procedures ERCP etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Performs the professional duties as a Gastroenterologist in accordance with the delineation of privileges as recommended according to job description criteria.
- Performs duties as specialized physician by evaluating patients with GI and liver diseases.
- Provides care for patients in the Intensive Care Unit and Medical Wards.
- To perform diagnostic and therapeutic, upper GI and lower GI endoscopies, ERCP.
- Provides on call coverage for GI emergencies.
- Provides consultation service to the patients in the area of expertise.
- Provides supervision and education to the Endoscopy staff nurses and technicians.
- Attends and contributes to the daily morning chief conference for the purpose of review of admissions and management problems.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the chief of staff.
- Holds Hospital committees’ membership when assigned to.
- Supervise the work of ward physicians, professional development, physicians and interns, provides evaluation of their work at the request of the chief of services.
- The chief of the department assumes overall responsibility for the proper functioning of the discipline.
- Respect and show commitment of patients and family rights and works in a safe and efficient environment.
Patient and Family Education:
- Provides health teaching and education through:
- Assessment of patient’s learning needs
- Using demonstration technique and educational materials such as brochures or pamphlets and other needed materials.
- Postgraduates of Approved Medical School.
- 5 years postgraduate experience, including 3 years full time Residency training leading to possession of qualified certification in the Gastroenterology specialty from recognized center.
- Eligibility to obtain M.O.H. license as consultant/Specialist in Gastroenterologist Field.
- 5-year Experience in Endoscopy and ERCP.