To assess, evaluate and treat patient as per diagnosis. To do regular document, progress notes, re-evaluation of the patient and discharge summary for every patient.
Scope: (Indicate an appropriate size area, plant equipment, throughout, organizations served, financial responsibility, authority and supervision received, which relate to the job.)
- To provide evaluation of patients with dysfunction of the neurological, musculoskeletal, neuromuscular or cardiovascular systems and to provide treatment as indicated to restore or achieve optimum strength, movement, and function; to relieve pain or prevent / lessen further disability.
- To provide patient education about mechanism of injury, recovery process, and prevention of re-injury. Education to patient and their families as an integral part of the treatment program as well as to health care personnel and members of the community through outreach programs.
- For Acute Programs: -to provide symptom relief through medical management and /or passive modalities with progression toward an active aggressive treatment plan.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Report to the head of the department.
- Make complete document initial Physical Therapy assessment and Evaluation for every patient before application of treatment.
- Assessment and evaluation of patient must include:
- Subjective and Objective Evaluation
- Aims and plan of treatment must be appropriate to patient abilities, limitations and patient’s needs.
- Treat the patient as diagnosis, physical therapy request, plan, prognosis and patient’s needs.
- Regular document, progress notes includes re-evaluation of the patient to ensure effectiveness of treatment, prognosis, and patient’s response.
- Discharge Summary for every patient have to include advice to the patient to return back to the referral Physician for consultation.
- Communicates effectively with colleagues and patients.
- Carried out specific requested treatment, if requested is appropriate and meets patient needs. If requested inappropriate or do not meet patient’s need is discussed with the supervisor or referring Physician or his supervisor and action and outcome documented.
- Participate in continuous medical education program and committee such as QI and Multidisciplinary team and family education.
- Works closely with Physicians and other health care and educational personnel to provide comprehensive and effective therapy programs for the patients involved.
- Work closely with the In-charge Physical Therapist(s), to ensure the best possible program for the Physical Therapists, Rehabilitation Unit and the Patient population. Keeps the In Charge Physical Therapist(s) informed concerning problems, recommendations, etc. involving the Physical Therapy Services Program.
- Provides thorough diagnostic evaluations of patients. Implements treatment protocols appropriate to the diagnosis and sets goals and time frames in preparation for discharge planning.
- Treatment objectives are identified and coordinated with the patient and family members to assure maximum independence, productivity and satisfactions.
- Physiotherapist must have a training course but not limited to:
- Safe use of equipment’s
- Infection Control and CPR
- Fire Training and Disaster Response
- Safety of self and Patient.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Physiotherapy from recognized institute.
- At least Five (4) years of experience in the field of physiotherapy.
- Must be licensee by Ministry of Health & Saudi Council, Saudi Arabia.
- He must have the ability to adjust to the practice in an industrial environment involving an understanding of medical organization and corporate practice.
- A sense of responsibility and a high degree of integrity. Patience and adaptability. Sensitivity to the needs of ill and injured people. The ability to put people at ease.
- Excellent written and spoken English.