- Diagnoses and treats disease of heart and its functions: Examines patient for symptoms indicative of heart disorders, using medical instruments and equipment.
- Studies diagnostic images and electrocardiograph recordings to aid in making diagnoses.
- Prescribes medications, and recommends dietary and activity program, as indicated.
- Refers patient to SURGEON specializing in cardiac cases when need for corrective surgery is indicated. Provides directions and coordinates the activities of the Cardiology Department to maintain proper professional and administrative level of Patient care.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of the hospital policies.
- Makes decisions without reference to the Medical Director, except where administrative authority is required or when other Medical Services functions or organization of the company are involved.
- Consults with or advises other Specialist and Consultants on major, complicated cases and with patients or guardians concerning necessary procedures.
- Graduate from a recognized medical school by the M.O.H and have a higher postgraduate degree as a qualified specialist (MCh.,FRCS, etc) or its international equivalent.
- Current valid license to practice his specialty in his country or origin.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the practice of his specialty.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English with fluency in spoken and/ or written Arabic preferred.
- Must be in good physical and mental health and of high moral character, with work ethic and personal attributes suited to performance and leadership in high-stress high-volume work environment.