All our highly experienced physicians in the Department of Ophthalmology provide outpatient, diagnostics, treatments, and emergency services for a broad spectrum of eye conditions, while spending every effort to provide an individualized approach to patients in order to meet their requirements.
We aim to play a prominent role in developing the field of ophthalmology both in the Eastern Province and in the entire Kingdom, through staying up-to-date with the latest advances in ophthalmology research and technology, let alone the team of ophthalmologists, optometrists, and opticians offering a wide range of diagnostic and treatment options.
Our Department of Ophthalmology always seeks to promote patients’ education and empower them to take an active role in their care, while continuously improving and evaluating the quality of care and services provided for all eye conditions, such as for example but not limited to:
- Refractive errors such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Macular degeneration
- Uveitis, inflammation of the middle layer of the eye
- Ocular tumors
- Dry eye
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- Retinal detachment
- Optic neuritis and other optic nerve disorders
- Corneal disorders such as keratoconus and Fuchs' dystrophy
- Trauma to the eye.
- Cornea and external diseases
- Retina and vitreous
- Pediatric ophthalmology