The Department of Pulmonary Medicine at Al Salam Hospital has made steady progress to be able to offer the highest quality of patient-centered care for individuals with lung and respiratory conditions.
Our specialized multidisciplinary team of pulmonologists, thoracic surgeons, oncologists, and critical care specialists spend huge efforts to stay at the forefront of pulmonary medicine research and technology while using a variety of modern diagnosis techniques and advanced medical solutions for a large scope of conditions; such as for example but not limited to: asthma, COPD, lung cancer, and sleep-related disorders.
Our Department of Pulmonary Medicine ensures that all patients receive appropriate diagnostic tests and treatments in a welcoming and inclusive environment to provide a full range of diagnostic and treatment options for individuals with lung and respiratory conditions such as:
- Asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and other chronic lung diseases
- Pneumonia, bronchitis, and other infectious lung diseases
- Lung cancer and other lung tumors
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Sleep-related disorders such as sleep apnea.
- Interstitial lung disease
- Pulmonary embolism
- Respiratory failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary sarcoidosis
The Department also provides a wide scope of other related services, such as:
- Pulmonary function testing
- Sleep medicine
- Interventional pulmonology
- Lung cancer
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Critical care medicine