Rheumatology is the specialty that cares for people with rheumatic and inflammatory and autoimmune diseases affecting the joints and connective tissues, and at Al Salam Hospital; the Department of Rheumatology concentrates on providing the most outstanding care to patients affected by a variety of common and uncommon rheumatic disorders.
We aspire to that our patients achieve disease remission, preserve function and improve their quality of life overall; thus the team strives to provide high-quality care to patients suffering from rheumatic diseases in order to ensure that the best outcomes are achieved.
Our Department of Rheumatology is led by a highly qualified and experienced physician in the field of Rheumatic diseases, supported by a highly qualified team of rheumatologists, covering the following conditions:
- Diagnosis and management of inflammatory arthritis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and Gout.
- Diagnosis and management of autoimmune and connective tissue diseases.
- Behcet's disease.
- Reactive arthritis, enteropathic arthritis, psoriatic arthritis.
- Sjogren syndrome.
- Rheumatic diseases in pregnancy.
- Chronic joint inflammation.
- Myositis and muscle weakness.
- Osteoporosis evaluation and treatment.
- Neck and back pain assessment and management.
- Large and small joint aspirations and therapeutic injections for joints.
- Soft tissue injections (carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, bursitis, tendinitis).
- Diagnosis and management of regional pain syndromes (frozen shoulder, tennis elbow) and other soft tissue disorders.
- Fibromyalgia assessment and management.
- Use of biological therapy for autoimmune disease.
- Investigation and management of chronic fatigue.